Welcome to Barkibu. Our entire team is dedicated to making Barkibu a great platform to share, learn, and gain confidence. We do our best to enforce Barkibu User Guidelines, which are designed to block and remove attacks, spammers, and people who aren't contributing in a helpful way. We uphold guidelines for all users as well as for veterinarians.
We ask our community members to uphold a few simple rules of conduct:
- Be Nice - Treat others how you would like to be treated. That means no foul language, insults, personal attacks, bullying or unsupportive.
- Be Clear & Detailed - Post clear and detailed content so that Barkibu vets understand your question and can help you in a most accurate way.
- Be Thankful - Vote for contribution of veterinarians and tell them when their help has made a difference.
- BeHave - All the standard rules of Internet forums apply here: Don't spam, rant, post duplicate comments, post classified adds, off-topic posts, time in ALL CAPS or use Barkibu to further an agenda.
In many instances, the content available through this site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information providers or users. Barkibu does not endorse, and is not responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the site by any third party.
Barkibu does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Barkibu user-generated content.
Be Responsible: We reserve the right to modify these guidelines at any time without notification.
Barkibu Veterinarians Guidelines
For veterinarians, apply here for a free profile.
All Barkibu veterinarians have met eligibility requirements to maintain a professional profile and answer user questions on Barkibu.
In addition to the User Guidelines above, these additional participation guidelines apply to the Barkibu vets:
- Be Professional - Represent yourself in a professional manner, your answers must be original. Any "bullying" or "threats" made to users by veterinarians within Barkibu may result in the removal of the veterinarian from participation within Barkibu.
- Be Relevant - Your posted content should focus on addressing the user's question. Commercial information that is overtly self-promotional (including invitations for in-office visits) are not allowed. Instead, let the quality of your contributions represent your work.
- Be Honest - In Barkibu professional veterinarians answer pet owners' questions and advise them about health issues, building the confidence with pet owners. False reviews, "helpful vote" abuse and other dishonest gaming practices erode trust in confidence and will not be tolerated. Report possible violations here.
Remember not to do diagnose or give treatment online but providing advice and user support. And, if necessary, suggest to go to a clinic.